Continue Reading »
On Friday May 17, 2013 more than 50 WERQaholics gathered at Four Seasons Health Club for CharityWERQ.
Click HERE to see media coverage of the event.
WERQ Rep #2, Karen Osborne and WERQ Instructor Kelley Wickenhauser organized the event and were joined by WERQ Instructors Pam Morbitzer and Erin Winn. Together this group of instructors moved the class out of the studio and onto the basketball courts! Add a stage, special lighting, and “Gatorade Mock-tails” and participants WERQed up a sweat in style!
Over $500 was raised for victims of the Boston Marathon bombing and will be sent to onefundboston.org.
“Fitness is just connections, no matter what type of fitness. If you’re dancing or running or playing basketball, there is some sort of a connection between people who really strive with their fitness goals,” said WERQ Instructor Karen Osborne.
CharityWERQ events are hosted by WERQ Instructors across the nation with the goal of raising money for worthy causes such as One Fund Boston. WERQ Fitness HQ could not be more proud of the money raised and donated by our WERQ Instructors!
WERQ Instructors Erin, Karen, Pam and Kelley
Continue Reading »
WERQ Fitness is bringing it back to the Old Skool.
“WERQ hard, or you might as well quit.” ~ MC Hammer
“WERQ me WERQ WERQ WERQ me DO IT RIGHT” ~ Missy Elliot
From boy bands to hair bands to the illest MCs, WERQ Old Skool mashes your favorite pop, rock, and hip hop beats from decades passed with fly dance moves for the freshest throwback cardio dance fitness class on the planet. Kick it, pop it, ride it, and rock it in WERQ Old Skool.
Get ready to hear all your favorite hits from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. You’ll hear everything from Heavy D & The Boyz to Irene Cara to Janet Jackson to DMX to NSync to Bill Bev DeVoe and more. You’ll flash back to hair bands and boy bands and you’ll WERQ up a sweat busting a move Old Skool style.
In order to ensure the quality of WERQ Old Skool classes, they are taught ONLY by WERQ Reps. WERQ Reps are those instructors hand picked by WERQ Fitness who shine as representatives of the WERQ Brand. They are Certified Fitness Professionals who have passed an extensive audition with WERQ Fitness HQ and demonstrate dance ability, star power, exceptional cueing skills and show a solid understanding of the WERQ format and brand. When you take a WERQ Old Skool class, you know you are taking class from the absolute best.
Got a favorite song you want to see in a WERQ Old Skool class? Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your WERQ Old Skool Instructor to pass it along to WERQ Fitness HQ. We love hearing from our WERQaholics!
Continue Reading »
afterWERQ brings all the fitness and energy of a WERQ dance fitness class into a nightclub setting.
Prepare yourself for an exhilarating dance fitness experience complete with concert lighting, a dance floor, low-cal cocktails and a bumpin’ stereo system! Sweat it out with your fellow WERQaholics to the hottest pop, rock and hip hop hits. Let your inner dance diva find herself under the low lights and in the music!
afterWERQ events may only be hosted by WERQ Reps (those instructors hand selected by WERQ Fitness displaying the skills needed to ensure each afterWERQ is of the highest quality with clear cueing and expert organization).
For more info on the WERQ Rep program click here.
Continue Reading »
On 4/20/13 WERQ Fitness, LLC launched a new and recurring series of events. CharityWERQ combines dance fitness with philanthropy and seeks to give back in return for how much has been given to WERQ Fitness HQ and our instructor communities.
CharityWERQ at HiFi Personal Fitness
The first official CharityWERQ was held at Hi-Fi Personal Fitness in Chicago to raise money for Imerman Angels. Imerman Angels is a non profit organization that provides personalized connections that enable 1-on-1 support among cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers. Led by Chicagoland WERQ Instructor Allison Mecher, Imerman Angels advisory board member, Jennifer Dahl, Lorrie Brooks, Kamila Czech and Kiley Elfring teamed up to lead a WERQ class of over 50 participants! This sweat-fest raised over $500 for Imerman Angels. WERQ could not be more proud. The success of this event is a direct reflection of those who organize and attended and we would like to sincerely thank everyone who joined in this day of philanthropy and fun!
Have a charity that’s important to you? Consider hosting a CharityWERQ event! Contact WERQ HQ at email@example.com or contact your favorite WERQ Instructor for more information.
For more information about Imerman Angels please visit www.imermanangels.org.
Continue Reading »
WERQ, sleep, WERQ, sleep and WERQ again!
Kim and Julie
WERQ Master Trainer Julie Steffen flew into Charleston, South Carolina on Friday April 19 and met up with WERQ Rep #6 KC Rickenbaker. Together they headed straight to Bold Fitness for a WERQ Master Class. Julie had no idea what was in store for her. An hour and 45 minutes later everyone was WERQed to the max! The enthusiasm and energy set the tone for the entire weekend.
Saturday Julie and Kim drove up to Simpsonville, SC for a WERQ Instructor Training hosted by Nicole Tebano at Group Fit. The master class rocked with special lighting and a disco ball! Sunday Julie and Kim went for Instructor Training Round 2 at East Shore Athletic Club‘s West Ashley location hosted by Monica Hoover.
WERQ Fitness can’t wait to see what our newest instructors do with their new WERQ Classes! We’re excited here at HQ to hear stories from all of you and your students too as you put them to WERQ.
South Carolina – are you ready?
Continue Reading »
WERQ could not be prouder of the instructors who represent our brand.
In gyms, fitness centers, dance studios and everywhere else WERQ is taught across the country, participants are smiling, gaining confidence and improving their cardiovascular endurance because of the hard work put in by our instructors learning choreography, practicing cueing at a master level and being the best at teaching the format they love.
WERQ Rep #8 Lorrie Brooks (L) and WERQ Rep #1 Kiley Elfring (R).
Here at WERQ HQ we hear such inspiring stories from both participants and instructors about their class experiences and we wanted a way to positively recognize those instructors who are the best of the best – those instructors who represent WERQ at the highest level – those instructors who eat/sleep/breathe/dream about WERQ.
The selection process is intensive. WERQ Reps must be actively teaching WERQ at a master level with a minimum of 6 months active teaching experience. They must commit to teaching WERQ classes exclusively in the dance fitness category and must, like all WERQ Instructors, hold a current and valid group fitness certification or personal training certification. Additionally WERQ reps must submit a video audition to WERQ Fitness HQ for review and complete a written application.
WERQ Reps commit to knowing and living the WERQ brand, inside and out, and commit to representing WERQ at the highest level. They strive to create a strong and supportive WERQ community both among their students and among their fellow WERQ Instructors. WERQ Reps may host official afterWERQ events. Maybe most importantly, WERQ Reps will hold their heads up high, confident knowing they have been selected by WERQ Fitness as the best of the best of the best.
Do you take class with a WERQ Rep? Congratulate them on their accomplishment! And then sit back and enjoy WERQ at its best.
Instructors interested in applying should contact WERQ HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Image WERQ Rep #6 Kim Rickenbaker and WERQ Master Trainer Julie Steffen. Picture shot 4/19/13 in Summerville South Carolina.
Continue Reading »
WERQ Rep #10 – MEREDITH WARD – DES MOINES, IOWA
WERQ Fitness would like to welcome Meredith Ward to the WERQ Rep Program as WERQ Rep #10.
Meredith has been teaching WERQ since August 2012 in Des Moines Iowa at Des Moines University and Aspen Fitness Clubs of Des Moines. She is re-locating to Florence South Carolina and will be bringing WERQ classes with her to the Florence SC YMCA.
Meredith recently visited the Summerville, South Carolina WERQaholics at Bold Fitness. Meredith is pictured seated second from left with Kim Rickenbaker (WERQ Rep #6) who is pictured lower right.
In addition to her WERQ Certification, Meredith holds a valid AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification.
When asked to define the WERQ brand, Meredith replied, “WERQ is all about confidence, expert instruction and a great fitness class experience. Through practice and hard work I have learned the 3Q1 Method of cueing WERQ classes, which lets students see exactly what they will need to do before they do it so it’s easy to follow. WERQ classes are an asset to any gym schedule. They are structured, easy to follow and FUN! WERQ is appropriate for all ages, fitness levels, requires no dance history and it’s perfect cardio for a group setting”.
WERQ would like to recognize Meredith for repping WERQ at the highest level. WERQ Reps are WERQ Instructors hand-selected by WERQ Fitness due to their commitment to the WERQ format, mastery of cueing and star power. To be considered email email@example.com.
Continue Reading »
WERQ Rep #9 – Missy Vacala – CHICAGO, IL
WERQ Fitness would like to welcome Missy Vacala to the WERQ Rep Program as WERQ Rep #9.
Melissa (Missy) Vacala has been dancing for over 20 years and has taught every fitness format imaginable from Barre Burn to Step to Heavy Bag Kickboxing. She holds a Bachelors of Science in Sports Medicine from ISU and is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. Missy became a certified WERQ Instructor in January 2012.
When asked to define the WERQ brand Missy replied, “I love WERQ and everything it stands for. I share my enthusiasm with anyone who will listen! WERQ is energetic and really gets your heart pumping. This is a cardiovascular workout for all ages and fitness levels. Health benefits include increased cardiovascular endurance, agility, coordination and balance.”
When she’s not teaching WERQ you can find Missy with her family (her self described #1 priority).
Missy teaches WERQ at LifeTime Fitness in Skokie, IL and at Park Center Health and Fitness in Glenview, IL.
WERQ would like to recognize Missy for repping WERQ at the highest level. WERQ Reps are WERQ Instructors hand-selected by WERQ Fitness due to their commitment to the WERQ format, mastery of cueing and star power. To be considered email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue Reading »
Dance fitness classes have exploded in popularity at gyms and fitness centers in recent years. With several dance fitness formats to chose from, why should your facility make the choice to offer WERQ Dance Fitness classes? WERQ is growing and growing fast – but first things first – What is WERQ?
WERQ (pronounced “work”) is the fiercely fun dance fitness class based on pop, rock, and hip hop music. The WERQ warmup previews the dance steps used in class and the WERQ cooldown includes balance and yoga inspired poses. WERQ is unique in the dance fitness industry in that it is built on solid fitness principles. We’ve set the bar high for our instructors and stand by our WERQforce as the best of the best in the dance fitness industry.
Here’s a list of the top reasons your facility should offer WERQ.
- There are no licensing fees to have WERQ on a gym schedule. That’s right. A facility can add WERQ classes to their Group Fitness Class schedule with no extra costs, no monthly fees, no annual memberships or contracts, and no special equipment purchases.
- Only Certified Fitness Professionals teach WERQ Dance Fitness Classes. To ensure WERQ classes are both safe and effective, Licensed WERQ Instructors must hold a valid nationally recognized fitness certification in addition to completing WERQ Instructor training. WERQ Instructors are fitness professionals dedicated to delivering the highest quality dance fitness workout on the planet. Read more: How To Become a Licensed WERQ Instructor.
Fresh WERQ Choreography delivered weekly.
- Fresh choreography is delivered weekly. WERQ Instructors receive new choreography weekly via the online WERQ Choreography library. With over 150 videos to choose from, the library is easy to access at home and on the go (iPhone/iPad/Computer/Etc). WERQ choreography is current, repetitive, engaging and accessible to everyone. Dancers and non-dancers alike find WERQ choreography fun and achievable.
- WERQ Instructors cue the dance steps so that members can follow along easily. WERQ Instructors use the 3Q1 Method ™ of cueing ensuring participants anticipate the change in choreography and transition seamlessly from move to move. Partipants are able to catch on to the moves quickly for a calorie-crushing cardio WERQout.
- Members love WERQ. By including WERQ classes in your Group Exercise Programming, your facility is offering members fitness at its freshest. WERQ takes songs your members know and love and adds high-intensity cardio dance steps for a uniquely effective WERQout. WERQ will be the don’t-miss class on your Group Fitness schedule. Students return week after week increasing member retention and loyalty to your facility. Read about WERQaholics Michelle and Jasmine Lewis. This mom/daughter duo has lost major pounds taking WERQ classes week after week.
- WERQ is redefining “pre-choreographed” fitness classes. All choreography used in WERQ classes comes from the online WERQ choreography library. Because instructors nationwide pull from the same pool of choreography, participants can expect the highest quality dance fitness choreography in any WERQ class anywhere. With over 150 videos to pull from, there are infinite combinations of playlists. Instructors have the freedom to put together unique playlists featuring the branded choreography.
- WERQ Instructor training is top-shelf. Lead by National Presenters Haley Stone and Julie Steffen, WERQ Instructor Training is organized and professional. Training awards 4.5 AFAA and 0.6 ACE Continuing Education Credits, and provides trainees with the knowledge, skills, and tools to teach high caliber WERQ Dance Fitness Classes. Visit the WERQ Instructor Training page to view upcoming events.
Instructors access the WERQforce video library via smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- WERQforce membership is affordable and packed with valuable benefits for WERQ Instructors. The WERQforce is the WERQ Instructor Community. All Licensed WERQ Instructors are required to be a member of the WERQforce to stay licensed. Membership is only $10/month and includes access to the extensive choreography library, an instructor profile and class listing on WERQfitness.com, access to the members-only blog and online tutorial, discounts on WERQ gear, and rights to use WERQ-branded marketing material.
- WERQ is cutting edge. Behind WERQ’s edgy exterior is a state of the art website complete with instructor and class listings and an online choreography library with on-demand access via smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Ready to WERQ or have more questions? Email us at email@example.com today!
Continue Reading »
afterWERQ…the fiercely fun nightclub WERQout is coming to HOMEbar on Friday, May 3, 2013!
afterWERQ |afterWERQ brings the energy of WERQ Dance Fitness to a nightclub setting. afterWERQ is an exhilarating dance fitness experience complete with concert lighting, a giant dance floor, low-cal cocktails, and bumping stereo system! Sweat it out to the hottest pop, rock, and hip hop. Nothing brings out your inner dance diva like low lights, loud music, and a WERQout with fellow WERQaholics.
- Do I need ID? Yes. 21 + to enter.
- What should I wear? Workout clothes and gym shoes (we’re going to sweat!)
- How much is a ticket? $20 online. $25 at the door. Buy your ticket HERE.
- What time should I show up? Doors open at 6pm. WERQout begins at 6:30pm.
- Will there be food and drink? HOME Bar will have low-cal cocktails on special and a huge menu of American bar food with some twists. Plan on staying after the workout to socialize and to grab a bite.
- Can I come by myself? Yes. There will be loads of other WERQaholics there to meet.
- Can I bring my spouse/significant other/friend just to hang out? Absolutley. He/she can chill, eat, drink, and be merry in one of the booths overlooking the dance floor (with a paid ticket), or hang in the front sports bar (for free).
- Where is HOMEbar? Click here for directions.
HOMEbar | H.O.M.E. aka House of Music & Entertainment is the Chicagoland suburbs hot new destination for the best in live music and sports. Click HERE for directions. The premium sports bar features built-in table taps, 80 plasma TV’s, and a full menu featuring classic American bar food with some twists. Best of all….the H.O.M.E theater offers up to 1000 guests the ultimate experience in live music and entertainment. The 15,000 Square Foot theater features a 28′x30′ stage, state of the art sound system, and stadium style booth seating. The theater features local and national performances from bands, DJ’s, entertainers, and afterWERQ fitness parties. For more info about HOME Bar, visit www.homebarchicago.com.